Masonry cement plant

Masonry cement is one kind of special cement. How to make masonry cement? Generally, using one or more active mixed materials or industrial waste with hydraulic as the main raw materials, adding an appropriate amount of Portland cement clinker and gypsum, then grinding all materials into a hydraulic cementing material, code M.

Masonry cement is made by adding a large amount of active or inactive mixed materials and slaking lime into Portland cement. This cement has better workability and water retention but lower strength. It can also be made from an active mixture of materials such as fly ash and lime or gypsum. The grade of masonry cement includes 225, 275, 325, etc.

build your Masonry cement plant!

Masonry cement manufacturing process

Applications: this kind of cement has low strength and cannot be used in reinforced concrete or structural concrete. It is mainly used in industrial and civil building masonry and plaster mortar, cushion concrete, etc.

For different needs in the real project, Masonry cement manufacturing process can be various, we list three of them as follows:

  1. A masonry cement can be called as a composite material, its formula includes 65% (weight) of fly ash, clinker 18% (weight), lime 11% (weight), gypsum 6% (weight), mixing all the raw materials, and grinding them by cement ball mill, the purpose of this process is “turning waste into wealth”, environmental governance. Generally, the fly ash discharged from the power plant is made into masonry cement which is very popular in the building materials industry.
  2. A new type of masonry cement is made of 0~45% cement (including cement clinker and all kinds of common cement), 5~50%quicklime, 0~20%gypsum, 0~10% sodium sulfate, and 40~ 90% industrial waste residue. The industrial waste residue and gypsum are dried and mixed according to a certain formula, then they are put into a ball mill and ground to a fineness of 4900 hole sieve remaining 2~10%.
  3. A manufacturing process of masonry cement by using iron tailings, high calcium coal ash, and slag, in which iron tailings, sodium sulfate, early strength agent, fly ash, and or coal cinder are mixed. This method has the advantages of less investment, low cost, and simple technology.

In fact, the Masonry cement manufacturing process is similar to the most types of cement, 

STEP1: Crushing

cement crushing plant prepares raw materials for raw meal milling, common cement crusher include jaw crusher, cone crusher, hammer crusher and etc.

jaw crusher

cone crusher

impact crusher

hammer crusher

STEP2: Cement Raw Materials Grinding

raw mill further process cement raw materials into sizes needed in the kiln calcination. In this step, you can choose cement ball mill, vertical cement mill, Raymond mill, coal mill as you need.

cement ball mill

vertical cement mill

Raymond mill

coal mill

STEP3: Homogenization

raw meal homogenization makes raw meal uniform before entering cement kiln will be good for clinker production.

Stacker And Reclaimer

Cement Conveyor

Vibrating Screen

STEP4: Clinker Production

cement rotary kiln or vertical shaft kiln burn raw meal and other agents into cement clinker, there are some accessory equipment needed in this section, such as cooler, dryer, preheater, bag filter, etc.

Cyclone Preheater

Cement Rotary Kiln

grate cooler

bag filter

STEP5: Cement Grinding

after cement clinker is done, they will be sent into a cement grinding plant that is generally composed of ball mill, vertical mill, cement roller press, these cement grinding mills can be used in singles or in unit.

cement roller press

cement grinding plant

STEP6: Packing& shipping

finally, finished cement will be transported to the next step, according to different uses, it can be stored in the cement silo, or packed in bag by cement packing plant for convenient transportation. 

cement packing machine

cement silo

What is the difference between masonry cement and regular cement?

Masonry cement

Masonry cement has high early strength, good frost resistance, poor heat resistance, poor corrosion resistance, and high hydration heat.

Ordinary cement

Ordinary cement is generally referred to as composite Portland cement 32.5R, is generally gray-black, the most commonly used cement in the building, composite Portland cement 32.5R strength is generally lower, heat resistance, acid resistance, and other properties are poor, but more green environmental protection.