Product size: Φ1.5×15m-Φ3.3×40m
Installation Angle: 3-5%
Application: cement, Portland products, new building materials, refractories, glass ceramics and other production industries.
Rotary cooler is one kind of cement cooler applied for cement manufacturing plants. As an essential part of the cement kiln system, a rotary cooler is used to cool the clinker discharged from the cement rotary kiln. The rotary cooler also helps air to absorb the large amounts of heat carried by clinker, heating the combustion air up to the high temperature, strengthen the calcination, and reduce the energy consumption.
Rotary cooler in cement plant
In cement production line, most of the cement raw materials must be broken, such as limestone, clay, iron ore and coal. Finally, cement clinker coolers cool the high temperature clinker discharged from rotary kiln and convey to storage silo and cement grinding plant.
Advantages of rotary cooler
- High thermal efficiency: the rotary cooler can put all the air after cooling material into the kiln as the secondary circulating air, which improves the thermal efficiency of the kiln.
- High quality of clinker: the clinker from the rotary kiln (1000-1200℃) is rotated by the cylinder to drive sufficient heat exchange between the material and the air so that the material can be cooled to below 200℃.
- Improve equipment operation rate: It also improves the strength and grindability of clinker, eliminates the damage to grate plate caused by the “snowman” and “Red River” phenomenon, and improves the equipment operation rate
- The good cooling effect, short cooling time: In the process of application, the rotary cooler can greatly improve the cooling speed, shorten the cooling time, effectively reduce labor intensity, and increase output.
- Wide application: single rotary cooler has wide applications, such as dolomite, kaolin, bauxite, refractory, cement, limestone, titanium iron powder, alum ore, activated carbon, coke, mineral powder, alumina, magnesium oxide, zinc oxide, special cement, and other industries.
- Multiple functions in one: rotary cooler can be used as process equipment, undertake the task of high-temperature quenching of clinker, can also be used as thermal equipment to cool cement clinker. It also takes the task on heating, at the same time, as a heat recovery device, rotary cooler recover the heat carried by the clinker from the kiln, and function as a conveyor.
- Compact structure: the rotary cooler is compact in structure, reliable in performance, and often used with a rotary kiln and rotary dryer. It covers a small area and saves costs.
Specifications of rotary cooler
|Main Reducer||Main Motor|
Working principle of rotary cooler
Cooler is a kind of refrigeration equipment that is realized by vapor-compression or absorption cycle, the liquid can flow through the heat exchanger to reach for the purpose of the cooling air or equipment, high-temperature clinker enter into the cooler from the feeding device, cooler rotate to drive sufficient heat exchange between material and the air, at the same time as the kiln body keep rotating according to the design of slope and speed, the material is periodically rolling forward in the kiln, thus the raw material is conveyed from feeding end to discharging end, and ensure the material can be cooled to below 200 ℃ in a certain time.
The rotary cooler is mainly composed of a rotating barrel with a gradient of 5% and a diameter of 1.5 meters and a length of 12 meters. It is equipped with a lifting plate. The cylinder body is supported on the baffle wheel device with the help of a bracket at 2.5 meters away from both ends. The lower bracket is in rolling contact with the baffle wheel to prevent the cylinder body from axial sliding. The rotation of the barrel is driven by a set of transmission devices.
The clinker is raised several times in the lifting area and distributed evenly, and the cooling air has strong heat exchange with the hot clinker. Especially in the low-temperature area, the contact time between clinker and cooling air can be increased by improving the structure and layout of the lifting plate as well as adjusting the slope and rotating speed of the cylinder, and the moving speed of the clinker can be controlled so that the heat inside the clinker has enough time to conduct to the surface, the heat of the clinker with low temperature can be recovered fully.